Pages

Saturday 3 January 2015

Update From Last Year: Week Commencing 28th April

Week Commencing 28th April

Bit of a pleasing week this week. Managed to hit 30+ miles. Not done that in 7 weeks. I was set a target of getting back up to 30 miles during injury rehab periodisation by the 5th of May. Its not been easy though. Still get niggley on warm ups. On Wednesday I decided to back down from an all out 5k as felt a little niggley and sluggish on warm up. Plus the wind was howling! However ran with Gary and managed to help him power out a 5k pb. So Thursday I felt quite fresh for the 400m reps which I felt good wacking out. Saturday a very slighter than last time parkrun. Ran on just a few hours kip and beer I'll take it as a positive run. A very comfortable steady 10 miler to cap off the week. Feel like I've made a little progress this week. Next week I hit the fells for the first time in ages! Looking forward to testing the new trials.

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 7.3 mile steady @ 7:53 pace
Wednesday - Spring Coast 5k - 3.13 mile @ 6:40 pace with 1.8 mile warm up
Thursday - 4.17 mile (6 x 400m intervals @ club session)
Friday - Rest
Saturday - South Park parkrun - 3.1 mile @ 6:23 pace (19:46) with 1.99 mile warm up & cooldown
Sunday - 10 mile steady @ 7:59 pace

Weekly mileage - 31.5

Spring Coast 5k (20:53)






No comments:

Post a Comment