Pages

Saturday 3 January 2015

Another post injury update from last year

Week Commencing 14th April 2014

Me, Paul, Mark & Daz starting our Osmotherley to Clay Bank run

Been a very relaxed week this week lifestyle wise. I have had the week off work. I had this week booked off for a post VLM recovery week but still utilized this week with some good family time. I'm still working towards getting to 30 mile for my weekly mileage. I started the week with a QRC 200m shuttle rep interval session over Eastbourne Sports Complex. Took the reps really light though as I don't yet feel confident do be doing any fast sprinting. Ran 1 or 2 at a moderate effort but ran the rest easy. With Mermaid 10k in mind for Friday I opted for an 8 mile steady on Wednesday. Felt tired still as also had a 4.5 walk with the family earlier that day. Ran the Mermaid 10k on Friday in a time of 41:44. Not the best of times for me but that's a benchmark I will be working on over the course of this summer now. More on Mermaid 10k can be found on my race report page here. A little demoralising to run over 3 minutes slower than last year but to be fair I was injury free then and in a lot better shape going into Marathon of the North. Moving onto Sunday, ran a great trail/fell terrain steady 9 miler with Paul, Mark and Daz running from Osmotherley to Clay Bank. A lot more of this to come over this year!

Monday - 3.65 mile @ 200m track session

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - AM - 4.5 mile trail walk @ Hamsterley Forest/PM - 8 mile steady @ 8:30 pace

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Mermaid 10k in 41:44 @ 6:38 pace

Saturday - Rest & slightly hungover!

Sunday - 8.90 mile steady trail run Osmotherley to Clay Bank @ 11:02 pace

Weekly Mileage : 26.8 mile

Pleased with this weeks training. Been a little out of routine with me being off work but still working towards 30 mile. Falling just shy of 27 mile I'm very steadily getting back there. Next week back to normal daily routine. Going to try and get my nutrition back on track. Cutting back on the caffeine intake too next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment