Pages

Saturday 3 January 2015

Post Injury Update: Week Commencing 21st April

Week Commencing 21st April

Been a bit of a strange week. Very low mileage but high intensity the running that I have actually done. Also had man flu so the running I have done has probably not been intense as I think. But I have ran THREE races this week! Onto this week I was glad to get into some sort of routine as being off for 10 days previous just put everything out of pot. Things such as eating, sleeping, being off work does have an affect on my running. Not being negative but I do find it a lot easier to be on the straight band wagon when I am more active and in normal work day routine. Monday I chanced the track session. Was a good session. Powered out some 400m reps on the morning over Eastbourne track. Then Tuesday it was back to work. From here onwards I have been knackered going back to work with long busy days and had man flu so Tuesday was a definite rest day. Also rested as I was running the Sedgefield Neptune relaysthe following day at Hardwick Park. Onto that, I ran just a mere 1.7 mile leg as part of a 4 man team and it was HARD! By hard I mean very intense and tough on the chest and lungs. I probably should not of ran it but it was only 1.7 mile and I thought I would survive. Thoroughly enjoyed the event though and was pleased to come in at under 10 minutes. Great friendly event which I will happily do again. Later that evening I planned to enter the Fountains 10k but word had it that it was full so bang went that idea. Fox & Hound fell race it was! Thursday a very tiring day at work again. Purchased my new trials but they look so nice and colourful I don't want to get them muddy. That evening I ran the first of the summer Tees 5k trial series at Wynyard Woodland Park.Again thoroughly enjoyed this one. Such a friendly event with no competitive edge to it. Just a good hard run out on the trials. Fairly decent course with only mild undulations except the "steps" that a lot of runners were talking about before the race. Will do a race review on this one. One to recommend anyway. On the way home I received an email from the organisers of the Fountains 10k that there was a few duplicate entries so a race number was allocated to me so I opted for the shorter distanced 10k race. Core work and some stretching Friday night. After a long week at work and 2 races in my legs I rested Friday and Saturday from running. Onto the Fountains 10k race itself . A nice and undulating race with some naughty sections underfoot on the moor. Will do a race review on this later. Felt fairly tired on this one and slightly disappointed with my 44 minute finish time but I've ran 3 races this week so just thankful I am running these injury free. Just need to really knuckle down over the summer now and work on getting these times down. Now that I am back to a routine this week the eating and sleeping part is easier.

Monday - 4.15 mile inc warm up & cool down 400m intervals x 6
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - 3.28 mile @ Sedgefield Neptune Relays (1.59 mile @ 6:11 pace)
Thursday - 3.43 mile @ Summer Tees 5k Trial Series Wynyard Woodland Park(Provisional time 20:30 @ 6:46 pace
Friday - Core work and stretching
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Fountains 10k - 44:05 (6.11 mile @ 7:13 pace)
Weekly Mileage  - 17 Mile

Fountains 10k - 44:05





No comments:

Post a Comment