Pages

Saturday 3 January 2015

Another post injury update from last year

Week commencing 7th April

A quiet week planned running wise. Almost feels like I'm part of the London marathon taper. Still not 100% recovered from this injury and I think it's going to take time. Longer than I thought but as long as I am running that's the main thing. Just want to work on getting some fitness back with some easy running. As much as I was tempted for the 200m reps and Indian File speed work Sessions this week with the club I think it would be unrealistic for me to be firing out some sharp reps. Now back on the foam roller this week with the calf. Still stretching daily with some self massaging and calf raises to re strengthen calf.
Monday 7th April - Rest. Opted to rest with calf feeling tight and slightly niggley. But for the time being I don't intend on running much on a Monday apart from a Quakers track session maybe. 
Tuesday 8th April - 6 mile steady with Paul. Very slow to start as I had a bad feeling I would need to turn back. Again running form feels all to pot. Feels like using my left leg a lot more to prevent me pushing off my right calf. Once warmed up legs felt fine just very sluggish in myself. Achy quads later that same evening. 
Wednesday 9th April - Rest
Thursday 10th April - 4.97 mile steady run with intermediate group at running club @ 9:44 pace.

Friday 11th April - Rest

Saturday 12th April - 3.98 mile (Inc warm up) @ parkrun - Ran my 46th parkrun at Darlington South Park. Not a bad run. Finished 19:47 and finished 10th. Really felt it on the last lap though. Main thing is though calf felt ok. Just feel like I've lost my speed.

Sunday 13th April - 8 mile steady run @ 8:24 pace

Weekly Mileage: 23 mile

Not a bad week. On writing this today I am now niggle free when running where at the start of the weekend things were looking a little sketchy! Michael has issued me with some aims and targets with some A races and weekly mileage to attain throughout this year. More on this next week but for now just slowly building my mileage back up to around 30 miles a week and get some sharpness back in the legs. Next week Mermaid 10k!

No comments:

Post a Comment