Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

Week 4 - January Mileage Record is Broken

Week Commencing 26th January

That's week 4 of London Marathon training to a close and the first quarter complete. Its been a great month. I have totalled 182 miles for January which is my highest ever mileage for January. 178 miles ran for the first 4 weeks of marathon training so on par with what I have done the previous 2 years, maybe slightly exceeding. Enough on the numbers.

A good week. Started off Monday with the usual 5 mile recovery run to Sadberge and back. Tuesday I ran a speed session over the track which was 7 x 1000m intervals. The reps were fairly controlled and I was targeting 10k pace. Admittedly the last 2 felt like hard work. Overall I felt good on this session though. It was quite mild compared to recent temperatures we have been having. Wednesday I ran with Peter & Justin to Aycliffe and back on a fairly nippy 10 miler. Not the flattest of routes and averaged early 7's on parts so was quite a tough run out. With the added snow showers and cold temperatures returning it was a hard run. Really is horrible running between Darlington and Aycliffe too! Thursday I was back on the track again with the Harriers grafting out 2 minute efforts with a 1 minute recovery. Covering roughly 500m on the efforts. Felt really tired on this one. With snow on the track it was made even more difficult. I cut the session down with me being tired and right calf felt like it was working overtime so I was cautious. Friday a well earned rest day. Saturday I was at work this week so ran later with just a 4 mile steady run with Keedz. We ran round the Barmpton trial route and I seemed to get a little muddy. Onto today I ran a 17.3 miler with Dave, Keedz, Justin, Mike, heather & Corinne. A good run out. Felt fairly comfortable with the miles. Some of the route was on trial tracks. Only thing that ruined it was that bitterly cold wind. Was absolutely baltic!

Monday - 5 mile recovery @ 7:59 pace
Tuesday - Speed - 7 x 1000m intervals on track targeting around 10k pace. 8 mile covered
Wednesday - 10 mile medium long run @ 7:20 pace
Thursday - Speed - 6 x 2 minutes effort. 5.2 mile covered
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 4 mile steady @ 8:08 pace
Sunday - 17.3 mile long run @ 7:58 pace

This weeks weigh in : 178 Lbs (Starting weight 184.5 Lbs/Target weight 160 Lbs)

Lost so far since 3rd January: 6.5 lbs 

Weekly mileage - 49.8


Why are my legs so dirty? Keedz & myself after Saturday's 4 mile steady


Week conclusion and looking ahead.

Its been a great week really. Miles still climbing up steadily. Another 1 lb off on the weight loss attempt. I would of liked that extra 0.5lb so I could say I've lost half a stone this month but I'm still ahead of my target by half a pound so I'll take it. A loss is a loss. Hit my highest January mileage ever. Oh and I decided to give Strava another go. I gave up on this before as it was altering all of my Garmin uploads. Like this week its claiming I ran 17.4 when in fact I ran 17.3 so that's kindly saying I've hit 50 mile this week. I like it for its interaction with other runners. Like the runners version of Facebook type of thing. Anyone wanting to follow me I am "darlorunner" on there. I've increased my protein intake this week by having more omelettes for breakfast now rather than bowls of cerial and have an afternoon shake. Also a shake after a long workout to keep my recovery enhanced. 
Also this week draws a close to the first quarter of marathon training. To me that's the hardest part. Getting all the cogs going again from the festive blow out and blowing off them cobwebs. I'm now feeling fitter and stronger. Still a long way off but I'm heading in the right direction. It was this time (end of week 4) last year I got injured and pulled my calf so touch wood I'm remaining injury free. I really would like this cold weather to do one. The nights are getting ever so slight lighter now. Looking forward to grinding out the miles in some spring sunset sunshine. Next week see's me expecting to run around 53 miles. Anyone wanting to join me for a 10 miler on Wednesday the company is always appreciated. Need to work more on stretching this week specially after runs as its something I am neglecting and water intake. Need to try and get a minimum of 2 litres into me. I'll be lucky if I'm hitting that at the minute. 


Rant of the week!


No names will be mentioned here but its come to my attention that certain individual/s have been whispering behind my back about my leaving Quakers and joining another club. For starters I have not joined another running club (yet). Secondly the person/s are just cowards and can't say none of this to my face. Thirdly if I want to join another running club that's MY business and why does it bother YOU so much? Haters are motivators and this will just make me more determined to become a better runner. YOUR negativity is MY inspiration.
That's better :-) I was going to put this on Facebook but there is that much winging on and negativity as it is I thought I would save it for here.

No comments:

Post a Comment